These colourful, vegan spring rolls are perfect for injecting a bit of colour into a grey day.
- 12 spring roll wrappers
- Small handful of mint, leaves only
- Small handful of basil, leaves only
- 4 spring onions, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 red cabbage, shredded
- 1 carrot, peeled into strips
- 1 red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 small tin of sweetcorn
- Begin by preparing all of your ingredients and having them close to hand for easy assembly. Fill a bowl with some water and dip the spring roll wrappers in until slightly soft – don’t leave it for too long or it will become ‘gluey’.
- Lay the wet spring roll wrapper on a chopping board and top with a couple of mint and basil leaves, some spring onion, cabbage, pepper, carrot, sweetcorn and chilli. Fold one edge of the wrapper into the centre, so that is covers half of the filling, then fold in both shorter ends and gently roll the wrapper away from you so that the filling is encased.
- Repeat with the remaining wrappers until you have 12 spring rolls. Serve with your favourite dipping sauce.