Bring a little Tex-Mex to the family table with these scrumptious chicken enchiladas!
- 600g chicken breast, cut into chunks
- 435g can refried beans
- 700ml passata
- 200g sweetcorn
- 200g cheddar cheese
- 300ml sour cream
- 10 tortillas
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and diced
- 2 red peppers
- 2 red onions
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- Small bunch of coriander; stalks finely chopped, leaves roughly chopped, plus extra to serve
- In your largest Cooks Professional frying pan, heat 2 tbsp of the olive oil. Fry the diced onions, peppers, coriander stalks, chillies, and half of the garlic for around 10 minutes or until all the ingredients are soft. Add 2 tsp of the ground coriander, and 2 tsp of the cumin seeds, frying for another minute. In a separate frying pan, fry the chicken in the remaining olive oil in batches until browned. Once all the chicken is cooked, add it to the frying pan full of vegetables.
- Add the 150ml of the passata, sweetcorn, coriander leaves, and refried beans to the frying pan, stirring until well mixed with the chicken and other veg. Mix the rest of the passata, remaining garlic, sugar, and remaining spices in a bowl, then set to one side. Preheat your oven to 200℃/180℃ fan/gas mark 6.
- Assemble to enchiladas. Lay the tortillas on your Cooks Professional chopping boards, then divide the chicken mixture between them, folding the ends over and rolling them up to seal them. Place them in your Cooks Professional roasting dish – you may need to use more than one dish – then divide the passata mixture evenly between them to top the enchiladas. Blob the soured cream over the enchiladas, and cover well with the grated cheese.
- Cook your enchiladas in the oven for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven once cooked, then serve with a scattering of more coriander leaves.
Lead image: NoirChocolate via Getty Images.